Why should you get your anti-wrinkle treatment from a professional?
Botox for cosmetic use is a highly purified toxin; and should only be administered by a doctor. In Ireland only licensed doctors and registered dentists should provide any cosmetic treatments. This is so you are not only getting the best treatment, but so you are getting professional, medically sound procedures. On top of that:
- Dermal fillers are a prescription only medical device
- Ensuring all practitioners are properly qualified for all the procedures they offer
- All non-surgical procedures must be performed under the responsibility of a clinical professional who has gained the accredited qualification to prescribe, administer and supervise aesthetic procedures
Administering the correct dosage for each individual patient is vital. This is something that takes time to learn and expertise to administer. Understanding the need of each patient needs and identifying the corresponding areas of injection is vital. Therefore a person with a true understanding of the dermal, facial-muscular, and nervous system should be left to an expert. A dangerous alterative cropping up is so called “Botox ‘parties’”. There are unregulated venues where those who are not doctors administer the anti-wrinkle treatment or who lack aesthetic qualifications – these places should be avoided for your personal safety. There are side effects and things can go wrong when not done properly. One of the more serious issues is a non-trained practitioner severing a facial nerve.
In Ireland only medical professional are allowed to administer anti-wrinkle treatment. However, this regulation takes time and unsavory practices crop up here and here. As the guardian of your own health be sure to choose only the best for your treatments; choosing a medical professional allows you the safety of a qualified professional and the freedom of being able to make an informed decision about your beauty treatment. Everyone responds differently – don’t settle for less then the best you deserve. A medical professional like the staff at Younger You can give you the peace of mind face to face with our free consultations. Anti-wrinkle treatments are an art as well as a science. With our years of experience we can enhance the best parts of you.
A Non-Surgical Solution to Lines and Wrinkles – Many men and women can experience a flawless complexion without the need for surgical enhancement. An anti-wrinkle treatment is minimally invasive and can help with wrinkles in the forehead, neck, and around the mouth. It is important to note does not work for all wrinkles – only it is effective for the dynamic wrinkles which are caused by contraction of the underlying facial muscles. That’s why Younger You offers FREE consulatations!
It Lifts the Brow – Over time your brow may drop or lower. Our anti-wrinkle treatments can lift the brow. This has the requite of making your face look less tired, thus giving you a more youthful appearance.
The treatment works fast – anti-wrinkle treatment, on average, begins to work 3-5 days after it is injected. The treatment can last for months – and you’ll be reaping all the benefits. On top of that, you’ll see the best in the business.
Besides cosmetic, anti-wrinkle treatment has numerous medical uses:
Hyperhidrosis (Excessive Sweating)
Dystonia (Muscle Spasms)
Strabismus (Crossed Eyes)
Diploma (Blurred Vision)
Blepharospasm (Eyelid Spasms)
We have clinics in Dublin and Cork. Call today to book with us!
It’s getting colder! If you really want to spoil yourself, this is a cute and great way to do it – make your own bath bombs. It’s quick and lets you get a bit creative.
- Gather your supplies. After you to this a few times you can add so much more, but to start out this one makes 2.5 eight ounce bath bombs:
- 8 oz. of baking soda
- 4 oz. of citric acid
- 4 oz. of corn starch
- 4 oz. of fine grain Epsom salts
- ¾ tsp. of water
- 2 tsp. essential oil
- 1 tsp oil (such as almond or coconut)
- 1 tsp food dye
- Round, plastic, snap together dome molds
- 1 bowl
- 1 8 oz plastic cup
- Wax paper
- Fluffy towel
The oils are what really make the bombs. Be creative and choose some exciting seats, like lemon and earl grey or spruce pine! The most common are peppermint and vanilla. So be different and try some out-of-the-box mixes.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients into a big bowl and stir together with your whisk.
- Combine the wet ingredients into a cup and stir until well mixed.
- Carefully pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir them. (The mixture should begin mix and have the consistency of pancake batter.)
- Stir so there are on clumps.
- Pack mixture into one half on the mold. Tap the bottom on a hard surface. This makes sure there is no trapped air. Do the same to the second half.
- Before pressing the half together add a bit of the mixture on one side to bind them. Press firmly! If the mixture isn’t packing well add a small amount of water. Not too much – that would ruin the bath bomb.
- Let the bomb dry for a while. After about twenty minutes carefully remove the bath bomb from the mold. Place them on wax paper on top of a towel. The bombs must be allowed to dry for at least twenty four hours. To store keep them in a plastic, airtight container.
- Draw up a warm bath and drop one in!
Younger You has clinic hours in Cork (021 421 7635) and Dublin (01 554 0140). To book an appointment call today!
It is recommended that sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 with high UVA protection be worn daily to aid in protection from skin damage and ageing. It’s even more crucial if you’re using AHAs, retinoids, benzoyl peroxide, or you’re on particular oral medications that you adequately protect your skin. Be sure to test only one new product at a time.
The recommended amount for application is 2mg/cm2. This is about 1/4 teaspoon (~1.2 mL) for the face alone. Reapplication should be every 1.5-2 hours (maybe even more depending on how nasty the UV index will be that day), and after every time you take a dunk in water. Keeping your skin hydrated is more then drinking; skin moisturiser is a great way you keep it elastic, which lessens signs of wear.
If you have dark skin, avoid sunscreens with zinc oxide and titanium dioxide as they’ll lend a white cast to your skin. All chemical sunscreens are your best bet. If the sunscreen does not list the SPF blockage be careful and check your skin throughout the day.
Generally, if you have very sensitive or acne-prone skin, look for an all physical sunscreen or a physical/chemical combination sunscreen. All chemical sunscreens can cause stinging, irritation and breakouts for some people. Test each product on a small patch of skin near the wrist and wait over-night, or for six to twelve hours, in case you have a reaction.
Is this too much of a hassle? Wear a hat! Studies have shown that the more skin you cover from harmful UVs the lower your risks are.
Our botox treatments in Cork and Dublin also work wonders on you skin to give you a youthful glow.
We get asked this question quite a lot. We understand you want to know where you’re going and who you’re going to see when you get there. Especially when you’re having a botox treatment.
So why exactly should you pick us? Its simple really and we won’t waffle on about it!
- We have an Irish registered Irish doctor – educated here, lives here, and works in Cork and Dublin all year round.
- Our doctor has a strong following in both Cork and Dublin and has been performing botox treatments for years with unsurpassed experience.
- We have competitive rates. We all love a good price but not at the risk of quality. Let us assure you we only use the best and offer a vide variety of products to give you the best look for you and your wallet. We offer a range from from botox, to dysport, to azzalure.
- We are centrally located: based just over the road from the Imperial hotel in Cork and just past RTE studios in Dublin.
- We care! On all our treatments there is a free review and touch up should you need it within two weeks of your first appointment? We are always on hand should you need us.
- We offer free consultations. Just come for a chat to see if botox is right for you!
- We’ve been doing this since 2007 in Cork and Dublin and we’re here to stay!