- 1980 – Alan Scott used Botox to treat “crossed eyes” for the first time on humans.
- 1989 – Original documentation of using Botox on wrinkles conducted by Richard Clark in California.
- 1992 – Two Canadian doctors released a study on the use of Botox on glabellar frown lines.
- 1993 – Botox was found to inhibit excess sweating and later approved for such treatments.
- 2000 – Botox approved for Cervical dystonia
- 2002 – The FDA finally gave Botox regulatory approval after formal trials to help temporarily improve frown lines between the eyebrows.
- 2010 – Botox approved for chronic migraines.
- 2013 – Botox is now the most popular cosmetic operation worldwide.